Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Get Well Slider card

I was thinking about what kind of Get Well card I could make for the first challenge over at Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons (the link to the challenge is at the bottom of my post) and I remembered all of the slider cards that I've been seeing all over the internet, and I thought that the bottle from Happy Pills would be a fun slider card!  So, I pulled out my Cameo and got to designin' and here's what I came up with:

First, I took out the layers that made the faces.  Then, I added an extra copy of the bottle itself.  For the slider, I just added an internal offset, made it the size I wanted, and removed a few points to make it smooth.  I ran into a bump in the road when I realized that the cap was supposed to adhere to the top of the front layer, but solved it by cutting off the part that the cap adheres to from the front layer.  Then I just glued it directly to the back layer while leaving a slit for the slider card to go in.

All of my stamps are by Pink by Design.  I liked them both and couldn't decide, so I used the bigger one for the label on the outside of the bottle and the smaller one for the slider within.



I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons- Get Well
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Super cute slider. That would make me feel better if I was sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea...and super cute! Thanks so much for joining us for our first monthly challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How CUTE! I love the fun pill bottle and the sentiments are both perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with our very first challenge over at PPPR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a clever idea, I love it!! Thanks for joining us in our first ever challenge over at PPPR!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is sooo awesome!! thanks for joining us at PPPR!!

    ReplyDelete

  6. What a great card. Thanks for joining us for the PPPR Get Well Challenge.
    Melisa
    PPPR DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your little slider card, it's perfect!! And I LOVE the sentiment on the front! Thanks for joining in on our very first challenge!

    ReplyDelete