Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Summer Balloon

Summer is certainly in full swing here!  I'm pretty excited for a hot air balloon festival that is happening in a couple of weeks in a neighboring city.  The great thing about moving to a new town is getting to do all the fun, new things that happen in the summer here!

In honor of the hot air balloon festival, I decided to make this card.  I used some cloud paper from the Echo Park "Let's Picnic" line. I saw it at my local LSS and knew it was too cute to pass up!  The balloon is cut from the "Patriotic Balloon" cutting file from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons.  Instead of cutting it in patriotic colors, I picked some bright colored polka dot paper from a stack by Paper Studio.  Then I cut out one of the clouds from the Echo Park paper and layered it on foam squares in front of the balloon to make it look like it was flying through the clouds. 


This card is being entered into the following challenges:
Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons- Summer Fun 
Paper Playtime- Use Patterned Paper
Krafty Girls- Anything Goes

Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Love the hot air balloon. Pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute hot air balloon, love the paper piecing. Thanks for playing along with us over at Paper Playtime, Pattern paper challenge, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! I love the colors! Thank you for playing along with us at Krafty Girls!
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this balloon cut and the papers you used. Thanks for playng with Paper Playtime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is sooo cute!! love that polka dot paper!! thanks for playing with us at PPPR!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, love your mixture of paper choices!! Balloon festival, that sound fun, I guess as long as your feet stay on the ground, Yikes. Thanks for joining us at Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the pretty prints you used for the balloon. Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge over at Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the paper you chose for the balloon. Your card is awesome. Thanks for joining the PPPR Summer Challenge.
    Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is perfect!! I love the patterned papers you chose to work with! Thanks for joining us in the PPPR Summer challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you made this balloon look so summery! Thank you so much for joining us for the PPPR Summer Fun Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! Love that patterned paper. Thanks for playing along with us over at Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons =D

    ~ Ana Maria PPPR DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous. I love the color combo in your balloon. Thanks for sharing with us at PPPR

    ReplyDelete