Monday, July 22, 2013

Silhouette Challenges CH#3 "Faux Stitching"


It's time 
for another Challenge over at

A blog dedicated to the Silhouette Cutting Machines.
You MUST use a Silhouette somehow in your project.

Ch# 3 Faux Stitching
Begins: Monday, July 1
Ends: Wednesday, July 31

Sponsors this month are:
Prize: GC
Digi Pack (Winner's Choice)


There's still plenty of time for you to join us for July's challenge at Silhouette Challenges!  Our challenge for this month is to use your Silhouette machine to add faux-stitching to your project.

For my project, I made a shaped card using cuts from the Silhouette store.  The card base and mat was made with a shape that came free with my Cameo.  I took out the dots that were initially with the shape and added in the faux stitching instead, and then made the shaped card with an offset. I filled the shape with a Lettering Delights patterned paper using my Silhouette and printed and cut it out.

The sewing machine is a different cut from the Silhouette Store.  I cut all of the pieces out (it was a tad small, so I had to remember to use thinner cardstock where possible) and assembled it.  I didn't like the way the eyes were cutting, and I happened to have tiny bits all over my table from a film strip that I had just cut out of the same shiny black paper, so I subbed in those for its eyes.  I colored a piece of white string with a pink marker and then wound it around the spool for a little bit of a touch of embellishment.


ALSO- if you aren't sure how to use your Silhouette to do faux-stitching, there's a great tutorial here. It's the one  I watched to learn how! 
Pin It

1 comment: