Saturday, July 20, 2013

Anchors away!

The theme of this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Challenge was "By the Sea," which seemed really fun to me.  I'm admittedly one of the least watery people you'll ever know.  I know how to swim enough to keep my head above water in case of an emergency, and that's enough for me.  But I still really like the nautical themed things that have been scattered throughout the crafting world lately, I just rarely have a need to use them.  So this was a fun challenge for me.

I decided to make a little set of four 4x4 notecards.  I cut out the black and white cardstock, then picked out two scraps of beach themed patterned paper I had in my stash of scraps- the blue has starfish and the red has crabs on it. 

I cut the anchors and the steering wheels (again- not a water person so I have no idea what those are called) from the Life is a Beach Cricut cartridge.  I liked that they were very simple, which I think works kind of well for smaller notecards like these.





Pin It

4 comments: