Monday, July 8, 2013

Guest Designer- Craftin Desert Divas



I am posting today as a guest designer for Craft It Up and Link It Up Linky Party hosted by Tara of Craftin Desert Divas! Every other Monday will mark the beginning of a new semi-weekly linky party and you could win fabulous prizes!!

This linky party theme is Summer Wet and Wild. There are two sponsors for this challenge:
The Robin's Nest - $10 gift card
 Too Cute By Jessica - $20 gift card
Stamping Rules - Your Choice of CTMH Stamp Set (up to $20 retail)


The more you link up, the better chance you have to win.  Visit Craftin Desert Divas for all the rules and to play along.

Here is what I created for this linky party....


I made a card using the "Fun in the Sun" file from SVG Cutting files.  I started this card kind of differently than I usually do- I found the green background paper in one of my MME 6x6 stacks, paired it with the pink paper that it's behind, and then decided to use the girl with it.  I thought she looked like a girl would would appreciate some sparkle, so I really blinged it up (although some of it you can't see on the picture).  On her bathing suit and flip flop straps, which I cut from a scrap of paper I had in my "Scraps" folder, I traced over the design with glitter gel pens.  I added some Stickles to her towel- first a layer of Fruit Punch, then a layer of Cotton Candy.  I also added the rhinestones to her flip flops.  Her sunglasses were cut out of a shimmery black paper I had, too.  Like I said, plenty of sparkle!

I added the crinkle ribbon and the three rhinestones for a little embellishment, but I didn't think it needed too much because of all of the sparkle on the girl. 

Hope you will Craft It Up and Link It Up!!!

I'll also be entering this card into the June Challenge at SVG Cutting Files!
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Isn't she a little Diva. Love it. Thanks for joining our Summer Challenge over at SVG Cutting Files.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky this is just super. I love that girl and her pose. She is looking like a diva for sure. Thanks so much for being a guest designer at CDD I really appreciate it.


    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  3. tooo cute !!! loving the background paper and cute flip flops !!! thanks for joining us in the Summer Heat challenge!!!

    michelle ~ dt
    www.scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow has she got attitude...homerun adorable! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute!! Thanks for joining the SVG Cutting Files monthly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute! Love the gems on her shoes. Thanks for sharing at SVG Cutting Files' Heat Wave Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to come tell you i adore her!!

    ReplyDelete