Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Birthday Bear

I've been trying to use lots of varied cuts from my Cricut lately.  I found this cute little bear on the "font" feature of the Baby Steps cartridge and wanted to use it.  I know enough people who had babies recently, I guess I'll need to save this for one of them turning 1 next year.  :)

There was no shadow for the bear, but luckily the black layer is a blackout so I was able to cut two of that and adhere them together.  I cut the bear at 5 inches, which was a good size for a card, I think.  I used some Icicle Stickles on the yellow layers and Lavendar Stickles on the number 1 (which I had already colored over with a darker shade of purple- it cut in the same purple as the rest of the bib and I didn't feel like cutting the whole thing over again just for the one number).  I put a purple button on the top of the birthday hat.  To finish it off, I gave him a shiny nose with some Glossy Accents.





This card is being entered into the following challenges: 
Fantabulous Cricut- Shape Card 
Craftin Desert Divas- Birthdays             
Die Cuttin Divas- Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp- Anything Goes

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Oh, this is just darling! I love thi little outfit and the glitter. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable card Becky, such a sweet bear and his lilac and sparkling outfit is fabulous!!

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is very sweet. i really like the yellow/purple combo. Thanks for joining in at FCCB and DCD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie!! Love the Glossy Accents.Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Birthday“ Linky Party. New Linky Party starts Monday hope you will join us again!!

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love teddy bears, so he is absolutely adorable. Love his shiny nose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!!

    Ro Donner, DT Member for FCCB
    rodonner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a adorable teddy bear card! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, that bear is so adorable. Love the lavender and yellow together. Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB. Kim Ogden

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute bear! I really like the sparkle on the bib and hat and the button that tops off the hat. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely teddy bear :O)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun shape for a shaped card, the teddy bear is so cute! Thanks for joining FCCB's shaped card challenge!!

    ReplyDelete