Sunday, July 7, 2013

A handbag project

Many of you may have heard about the handbag promotion going on right now at SVG Cuts.  You can find more info about it here.  Basically, you download a free SVG of a 3D handbag, make it, upload a picture of it to their website, and they'll send you a gift card to their site.  They have awesome files and I was just about to make a purchase there this week, so I was pretty excited about this.  Here's my purse:


I sized the whole thing down just a smidgen, basically only because I wanted the flowered parts all to fit onto one 6x6 page.  It's from the This and That 6x6 pad from Echo Park.  So normally it would be a little bigger, unless you're not cutting with a Cameo- the file also comes with compatible sizes for 6x12 cutters and 8.5x11 cutters.  I used two sheets of the green cardstock for the purse itself.  It was super easy to put together with just a few strategically placed glue dots.  I just looked at the sample picture, but I believe there's a video tutorial for it too.  Then I put the handle on with two pink brads from We R Memory Keepers and put the front brad on as decoration.  It also came with some really cute tassels, but I couldn't find any paper that I liked to go with it, so I decided to leave it plain.  There have been a ton of really awesome bags featured on their Facebook page while the promotion has gone on.  It was so fun!

I'm going to enter this purse in the 3D challenge at 2 Creative Chicks.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Becky. Love the pattern paper. Would like to invite you to link up over at 2 Creative Chicks 3D Challenge.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Gorgeous!! Beautiful pattern paper.
    Thank you for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥(my blog)
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project. Always so happy to see everyone having fun in crafting.
    From the 2 Creative Chicks:)
    Tabitha
    The Desire to Create is one of the Deepest Yearnings of the Human Soul.
    Tabitha's Designs Blog
    Low priced fun Digi Papers and stamps:)
    Come join us at Craft Lovin for "Parents Day" Link up a "Parents Day" project and be in line for some great prizes:)

    ReplyDelete