Friday, July 19, 2013

Welcome little bird

I realized the other day that although I have quite a prolific stash of birthday cards now, I'm completely out of baby themed cards.  People around me are having too many babies for me to keep up with!  So I thought I'd make a gender neutral baby card to add into my stash.

I cut the birds and the branch both from Zooballoo.  What a fun cartridge that I don't use nearly often enough!  I added some detail to the leaves and to the bodies of the birds with gel pens.  I wanted to add a little dimension, so I strung some of my favorite kraft Trendy Twine around the nest haphazardly.  It made me think of twigs and things that the birds would make their nest out of.

I added a stamp from Jaded Blossom's Simple Sayings 2 in the top corner and three brown pearls in the other corner, and then finished the bottom off with some washi tape.  I have to start using up some washi tape so I have room to buy more!


I'm entering this card into the following challenges 
Krafty Girls- Birds of a Feather
Fantabulous Cricut- Set the Scene
Scrappy Moms Stamps- The Great Outdoors               
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I love this cute scene that you created! Thank you for playing along with us at Krafty Girls!
    maribel

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! I love the little details - the washi tape, the pearls, and especially the twine around the nest!
    Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!
    Angie - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. Perfect for a baby. Love the way you used the twine. It does look like a bird's nest. Thanks for entering the challenge this week at FCCB. Kim Ogden

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute birdie!!

    Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB.

    dt member Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super card, I love the twine you added to the nest!! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB's "scene it" challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete