Friday, June 28, 2013

Birthday piggy

Howdy friends!  I hope you're all having a great Friday and are going to have fabulous weekends!  Today I have a fun little piggy to share.  He's one of the past freebies from Miss Kate Cuttables (don't worry, you can snag him for only $.50 if you missed him as a freebie), but the birthday hat I cut myself.  I have about a million birthday hat svgs and cricut cuts, but the bad thing about being in this little bitty craft room is that everything gets stashed away and then I don't want to get it all back out again, just for a triangle.  So, since I had already put my Cameo away to make room on my table for the actual crafting, scissors it was.  :)  I figured he was a birthday pig because I'm a firm believer that you can do whatever you want on your birthday, and I imagine splashing in the mud is just what a pig would like.

I got the background label svg from Bird's Cards- it was a freebie too!  Then I layered it on top of some MME paper and added three buttons in the top corner and a sentiment from Pink by Design in the bottom corner (btw, I love the Pink by Design "Artisan Tags 2" set that this is from because it's perfect for those times when  you want to add a sentiment but your cut ended up taking up more space on the card than you had planned.)

I added some Firefly stickles around the green part of the tag because I thought my pig needed some sparkle.  I like to put stickles on colors that are similar but slightly different to see what happens- this paper is actually a sea green, and I think it turned out looking nice with the brighter green of Firefly.  It muted the Firefly stickles a little bit but livened up the pastel-ness of the sea green.


This card is being entered into the following challenges:
Die Cuttin' Divas- Birthday with Three Embellishments
Craftin' Desert Divas- On the Farm
Simon Says Stamp Challenge- Anything Goes
All That Stickles- Firefly

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. He's such a cutie. I'm going to share it on Craftin Desert Divas FB page. Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “On The Farm “ Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. TFS with us at DCD

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I think I have this piggy..need to use. Thanks for joining DCD

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a a super cute card! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I have a friend who likes pigs so that's what she finds on the cards I send her. I'm going to have to check out this one! THANKS for playing at the ATS Firefly Linky party.

    Cathy, ATS DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute and sweet pig. thanks for playing at the Linky Party at All That stickles. Ann Dt.

    ReplyDelete