Sunday, September 22, 2013

Silhouette Challenges CH#5 "Welding Letters"


It's the first of the month again and time 
for another Challenge here at


A blog dedicated to the Silhouette Cutting Machines.
You MUST use a Silhouette somehow in your project.

Ch# 5 Welding Letters
Begins: Sunday, September 1
Ends: Monday, September 30

Sponsors this month are:
My Scrap Chick
Prize: $10.00 Gift Card


My Crafting Channel
Prize: $15.00 Amazon Gift Card

My project this month is an altered mini book that I've been working on for quite awhile.  I've been slowly collecting recipes for various types of mug desserts and single serving desserts that can be made quickly.  Of the ones I tried, I compiled a recipe book of my favorites so that I can quickly glance through and decide what I'm in the mood for that night. 

I bought a little cardboard book at the dollar store, and covered it with paper from Recollections using Mod Podge.  I used Washi Tape to cover up the binding, and also to cover up where the pages met on each inside page. 

For the cover, I used a font from my computer and cut them with my Cameo.  I welded the letters together on the words Dessert and Cup. I just love the way welded letters look, and I love that on the Cameo you can choose to weld any letters from any font that is on your computer.  If you don't know how to weld letters, Silhouette has posted a welding tutorial here. I cut them on dark blue cardstock, and then used a paintbrush to cover them with some glitter glue that I got at Hobby Lobby. The cup is from the Lettering Delights set called "Kanasai," and I cut it without the face or whipped cream on top.  I wanted it to be simple.

I only took a quick side picture of the inside of the book so you could see that each page has a different paper.  I didn't create these recipes and didn't feel right posting other people's recipes on my blog.  If you're interested in finding some recipes for mug desserts, search Pinterest and you'll find tons!


I hope you'll have some fun welding letters this month and play along with us at Silhouette Challenges.  There's still plenty of time!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous book. I really love how you did the inside pages very creative. Front cover is way too cute. Thanks for being on the DT,
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! it is AWESOME!
    Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete