Monday, September 16, 2013

Caramel apple of my eye

Fall is in the air here in the Midwest and I couldn't be happier about it!  Fall is my favorite season by far.  I just love everything about it- the clothes are more comfy, the smells are more 'spicey', it's just my time of year.  For today's card, I was definitely thinking fall!

The background paper I used here is from a DCWV 6x6 pad.  I was in Joann's recently and had to pick up their Autumn and Halloween 6x6 pads, because they were just too cute.  Over that is a piece of cardstock that I embossed with a Cuttlebug Argyle folder.  Argyle reminds me of fall, because that's when I start to pull out the sweaters.

My caramel apple is from the Smiley Cards Cricut cartridge.  I think it was supposed to be a candy apple, but caramel apples are more autumny to me so I cut it from these colors instead.  I put glossy accents all over the caramel part to make it shine.  Random tangent- when I was spreading the glossy accents, I had a total flashback to an old episode of Reading Rainbow when they were making a claymation movie about some pigs swimming in mud and showed how they use vegetable oil to make the mud shiny.  I had to use some black enamel accents to fix his eyes, because the Cricut cut them kind of weird shapes.  This way they match better.

For a final touch, I added a little cardboard button that I got on clearance a few weeks ago at Archivers.  I think the pack was from Making Memories.  There were a lot that were Halloween themed, but also a lot that were just pretty colors.  I used a little Trendy Twine in the button.


 
This card is being entered into the following challenges: 
Simon Says Stamp- Emboss it
Bitten by the Bug 2- Anything Fall 
Craftin' Desert Divas- Autumn/Fall
Paper Playtime- Apples




Pin It

12 comments:

  1. This is just way too cute Becky!! I so love your caramel apple and that darling face on it. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Fall' challenge at BBTB2 and for joining our 'Apple' challenge at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your apple card. Caramel apples are my favorite fall treat. Great job! Thank you for joining us at Paper Playtime!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute card!! I love apples, I love caramel and together they are the best! How fun to make this a fall card cause what is fall without candy and caramel apples?! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your card and I keep forgetting about the cute cards on Smiley Cards! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, taffy apple. We just got apples from the apple orchard, so yummy. I love your card and embossing. Thank you for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Fall/Autumn“ Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Becky, supet cute :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed my visit with you!! I ♥ your posts.

    I just had to "follow" you so not to miss anything! It would make me so happy if you would follow me too. :)

    Have a beautiful week!

    Lots of BIG Hugs,

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe, this is adorable. I think you caramel apple is darling. Thank you for joining us at BBTB2 this week.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. What I said before..
    Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Fall/Autumn“ Linky Party.
    Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete