Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Boys and their Toys

I always love the challenges over at SVG Cutting Files.  This month's challenge is "Boys and their Toys."  This was really a challenge for me, because I don't have any kids and I'm not particularly interested in boy types of topics, so all of the files I've bought from SVG Cutting Files tend to be cute holiday things or dogs.  :)  Luckily, I signed up for the freebies from their newsletter and Facebook group long ago, so I had some goodies to work with.

This card is 5 1/2 inches square.  The background paper is from MME and the button is from the new button set I bought from Making Memories.  I've been keeping them right on my craft table to make sure they get used.  It's working well!

I used two files from SVG Cutting Files on this card, both of which I believe were freebies.  The boy was actually from Earth day, but I cut the globe out of patterned paper and turned it into a ball! 

I also used a piece of trendy twin in the button and some ribbon from....somewhere...along the bottom behind the boy and his toys!




Pin It

8 comments:

  1. aawww...what a cutie! Reminds me of my 2 grandsons.This is a super sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Thanks for joining SVG Cutting Files' Challenge this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is too cute ! love that you used it for a ball instead of the earth to coordinate with the theme of the card, awesome job ! thanks so much for joining us in the SVG Cutting Challenge this month !!!

    michelle ~ DT
    www.scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, the paper you used is so cute and perfect for that card. Thanks for joining our Challenge this month over at SVG Cutting Files.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card! Thanks for joining us for the SVG Cutting Files Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Thanks for playing along in the SVG Cutting Challenge!

    ReplyDelete