Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Princesses

Hi friends!  I'm back to crafting after taking a break from last week's full time home improvements.  I've had a busy few days, and the rest of the week doesn't look to be much less busy, taking care of all of the stuff that I neglected while we were working on the house!  But luckily, I've been able to work on this project here and there for the last few days, and it finally came together.

I've written before about how much I love princesses and especially love the princesses from Lettering Delights' Happy Ever After sets.  Well, last weekend while we were watching This Old House (not my choice, to be sure) I cut the card bases and patterned paper for 10 cards, and then cut and embossed strips of paper for the cards.  Then this week, I've been cutting, assembling, and decorating 10 princesses for the cards.  I did it in batches- first I cut all the black pieces, then yellow, etc. 

I gave each princess a little sparkle, but don't worry it was all done with Stickles, so that they'll pass the sweater test for Operation Write Home.  For those who don't know- glitter on cards can't be able to rub off when you rub it on your sweater, because then it might rub off onto a soldier and give away their location if it sparkles.  I thought some little girls would love to get a sparkly princess card from their dad or mom or older sibling who is serving overseas.  :) 

On the inside, which I didn't take a picture of, I stamped the sentiment "Once Upon a Time" from the Stamps of Life's List2Write set.

Ok, so here are the cards, two at a time. 






Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Love all your little princess cards! they are so adorable! how thoughtful of you to make them for Operation Write Home! I am sure they will put a smile on someone's face!
    Tracy
    tracyscricutcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete