Friday, January 11, 2013

Yappy Birthday

There's another Be Inspired challenges going on over at The Alley Way Stamps!  I really like these challenges because they give you a picture and you can be inspired by whatever part of them you are, well, inspired by- colors, shapes, images- there's no right or wrong!

This week, I was inspired by the orange, black, and white color scheme and I got an image of stripes from the books in the picture.  I flipped the stripes on their side, and used some orange paper from Paper Studio's Basics pad.  I used some orange and white ribbon that I had in my stash and an orange button as embellishments.

For the main image, I used their freebie dog stamp.  I'm sure you've noticed that I love dogs!  I was so excited for this digi stamp, and I bet I'll be using it a lot.  I paper pieced it by printing it onto white cardstock and again onto black cardstock.  My printer was being a stinker and printed the lines lighter than I wanted, so I traced over the lines with a sharpie.  Then I used the leftover scraps from a border punch I had as the circles for his eyes.  

Last, but not least, I used my new Alphabet Soup stamps to stamp the sentiment!  They stamped really well- the only smudge that happened (on the second y) was a result of Sophie jumping up on my legs right as I stamped it- totally not the stamps' fault!  I guess that Sophie wanted to leave her own pawprint on my card.


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Becky this is AMAZING!ADORABLE!!Great job!
    Have a wonderful Friday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWW! So cute! Thanks for playing along with us over at TAWS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Yappy" birthday!! I'm still chuckling!! He's an adorable little puppy and deserves that sweet sentiment! So glad to see you at The Alley Way Stamps BE Inspired Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so adorable.. lol love the Yappy birthday..such a great idea..
    Thanks so much for playing along with at The Alley Way Stamps Challenge 19.. can't wait to see what you make with Challenge 20..
    hugs-Ali

    ReplyDelete