Monday, January 21, 2013

Birthday Cupcake

It's challenge time again at Pause, Dream, Enjoy Challenges!   Our challenge this week is:

Desserts!

Birthday season rolls around in my extended family from mid-January through about mid-May, so it's time for me to start stocking up on cards!  What better way than with a nice cupcake card?  I made this card with one of my Christmas presents, the Once Upon a Princess Cricut Cartridge!  I cut the cupcake at 3 inches- doesn't she look delicious?- and the tag at 2 inches.  

I went around the edge of the tag with  my Versamark pen to give it some definition and stamped a sentiment from My Craft Spot's "Birthday Wishes" stamp set.  Side note: I had a little extra Christmas money and decided to buy myself Tuxedo Black Memento Ink while I was at Michaels- wow, what a difference between that and the off-brand I had been using!  I definitely recommend it.

For the card itself, I embossed it with a cupcakes embossing folder by Paper Studio (the Hobby Lobby store brand) and then put some extra ribbon that I had on it.  I popped the cupcake and tag up on foam dots and it's ready for someone's birthday!  




Guess what?  It's your turn!  Make a dessert related project- it doesn't have to be a card- and head over to Pause, Dream, Enjoy Challenges to link it up and play with us!

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. What a cute cupcake! I love that embossing folder!

    Stacey
    DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. The embossing compliments the cupcake with sprinkles wonderfully.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    PDE DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Becky! I love that embossing folder, it's perfect! TFS :)

    Michelle (DT sister)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with the cupcake embossing!!AWESOME!!
    Cute & Yummy!
    Have a Wonderful Monday,
    Migdalia (DT Sister)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I really love that embossed background you've got going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love the cupcake embossed background!!!!!! Supercute and perfect for birthdays :)

    ReplyDelete