Thursday, January 10, 2013

Snowflake tag

It's...not to snowy here right now, actually.  Everything melted off a few days ago, and we're looking at the possibility of temperatures in the 60s this weekend.  I'm ok with that.  Still, there were a few challenges I was feeling like entering this week, so I shut the window blinds and imagined I was living in a winter wonderland. ;)

This tag is from Plantin Schoolbook at 4 inches.  The shadow is cut on blue and the actual tag is on patterned paper from Paper Studio's All Seasons II stack.  I cut the three snowflakes from Winter Woodland.  The biggest one was cut at 2.75 inches, and for the smaller two I just scrolled my size dial a few clicks each time.  I put Frosted Lace Stickles on each of the snowflakes.

I adhered the smallest snowflake directly to the tag, then the middle one is on some small foam dots and the big one is on my thickest foam dots.  I was afraid that putting white snowflakes on paper that also has white snowflakes would make it difficult to see, but I'm actually happy with the effect that it gave.  It reminds me of when it's snowing out and there are snowflakes all around, some farther away and some closer.

I put a line of diamond bling along the bottom of the tag and some shiny silver ribbon that was left over from my Christmas cards on the top.



I'm entering this tag in the following challenges:

My Craft Spot- Frosty Days                         
Bitten by the Bug 2- Snowflakes                                               
Fantabulous Cricut- Tag, you’re it!
Scrappy Moms Stamps- Winter Tic Tac Toe (secret phrase: Baby New Year)
Pin It

18 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tag. The blue color makes the lovely snowflakes pop. Thanks for joining us on our BBTB2 snowflake challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky what a lovely tag!! I know what you mean about the temperatures, it is 72 here today and I am working on a snow themed project, lol! Love the contrast of dark and light colors on your tag - great snowflakes! Thanks for joining our first challenge of 2013 at BBTB2. Hope to see you every week!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag thanks for sharing it with us at FCCB this week xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and it does feel exactly like some of the snowflakes are farther away than others-love the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag. I love the dark blue. It looks so good with the icy snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty tag Becky. I love the dark blue as it really makes the snowflakes pop. Thanks for creating with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty tag! The color combo is beautiful and love the snowflakes!
    Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tag! Great idea using snowflake paper and adding snowflakes! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tag and snowflakes are so pretty.Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 and FCCB.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how dimensional your tag looks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very, very pretty, those snowflakes are so intricate! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bright blue makes your snowflake tag pop..Thanks for joining us at BBTB2:) Krista

    ReplyDelete
  13. So love your tag Becky! I love the dark blue snowflake background paper, it really makes your snowflakes pop of the tag! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this tag! Great dimension with the snowflake!

    Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the snowflakes and the bling!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty tag! Thanks so much for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome tag! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful tag! The snowflakes look fabulous over the patterned paper!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete