Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Penguin box

Here's a cute little penguin box I made for a few challenges.  First, I made a box using "fit to page" on my Expression.  I cut it from the Life's a Party cartridge in purple cardstock, then put some polka dotted Doodlebug Designs paper around the outside of the box.

Next, I cut the three trees from Winter Woodland at 1.75 inches.  I adhered them onto the three front panels on the box.  Next, I cut the three penguins from Zooballoo. Because of the way they are situated in the image, I had to cut at 3 inches to get them to be about 1 inch tall each.  I put their eyes and beaks on with gel pen and then put each of them with a tree.  I had a leftover snowflake in my "extra die cuts" bin from the tag I made last week, so I put that on the top as a little extra decoration.



This project will be entered into the following challenges:
Exploring Cricut- Baby It’s Cold Outside 
Die Cuttin Divas- Penguins                                                                          
Scrappy Moms Stamps- Out of the Box  
Pin It

13 comments:

  1. I love this cute box! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing! I just love how you decorated it. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Exploring Cricut this week. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute little penguin box. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms.

    Big HUGS,
    Cristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable; what a cute little box. I have to check out that cart more closely! Thanks for sharing at DCD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling! I miss being able to do boxes. My cricut has the 6x12 sheet so I can't fit the cuts. You did a great job.
    Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.
    Rae Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. How super cute!! Love the penguins and trees. The polka dotted paper is really pretty. Great great box! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun little box especially with the dancing penguins. Thanks for sharing at Exploring Cricut and Die Cuttin' Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This box is so super cute! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute - I love the color! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super fun box. Love it to page!!! Great pengin decor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out so cute! LOVE the penguins!!!
    Thanks for playing along with the Scrappy Mom's!

    hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete