Monday, January 14, 2013

Puppy Love candy holder

You know how I cannot resist a dog-themed stamp set?  (let's be honest, I can't resist dog-themed ANYTHING in scrapbook supplies!)  I'm so so so glad I got the Puppy Love set from Jaded Blossom.  I love the little puppy image, and the sentiments are great!  

For this month's challenge at the Jaded Blossom blog, the challenge is anything but a card.  It was probably a pretty easy challenge for most of their customers, because they tend to focus on gift bags and treats, but since I usually make cards it was kind of a challenge for me.  Luckily, I had this pink box sitting in my "old containers that I got something in and thought were pretty so I couldn't stand to throw them out" bin and I used that as a jumping off point.  I'm in love with the pink/turquoise color scheme of many of the Valentine's lines that I've been seeing coming out, so that's the scheme I went with here.

First, I stamped the dog and colored it in using my Sharpies.  Then I cut out the little flag (by hand, but I was sure wishing I had the Jaded Blossom flag dies by my third or fourth attempt!) and stamped on the sentiment, also from the Puppy love set.  

I thought the right side was looking bare, so I got a piece of ribbon that would wrap all of the way around the package, thereby holding it shut and holding the candy in.  Then I punched a little button with my Martha Stewart button punch to embellish it.  I added some classic Valentine's candies- conversation hearts- and it was done.  I've had a horrible time keeping my husband from eating the candies before I could get a good picture on a sunny day.  I had to give him the rest of the bag to keep him out of these ones.  :)




Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Your Doggie is Stinkin Cute!A Super Cute & Yummy Treat!
    Have a Wonderful Day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soo cute Becky! I love how you used the dog set for a Valentine theme. Thanks so much for joining us over at Jaded Blossom for the monthly challenge!
    Candace
    JB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable little pup! Such a fun treat - love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The is such a cute treat! Love the puppy! Thanks for joining the Jaded Blossom Monthly Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rolled over laughing over keeping the husband out of the candy long enough to take pictures! That would happen at my house also. The sweet little puppy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute. I love that little puppy. Thanks for joining Jaded Blossom's Anything But a Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! Thanks for playing along in the challenge with us!

    Jamie
    Jaded Blossom DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute treat! gave me a good idea for my son's valentine treat! Thanks for sharing =)

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. this such a cute treat ! You did a great job on the puppy !!! love it !!! Thanks so much for joining in the Jaded Blossom challenge this month !!!

    Michelle ~ JB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! This is so dang cute! Thanks for being part of the Jaded Blossom Challenge!

    Julie
    Cricut Chick

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really cute treat! Love the dog! Thanks for joining the Jaded Blossom monthly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute is that puppy for a valentine!! Love this! Thank you for joining the Jaded Blossom Challenge! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Just love the puppy! Thank you so much for joining us this month for the Jaded Blossom Challenge!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg, that doggy looks PERFECT!! Thanks for joining in the Jaded Blossom challenge this month :)

    Jenny ~ Jaded Blossom DT

    ReplyDelete