Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's cold out there!


Today I have a nice card that is pretty representative of how many of us in the US are feeling right now!  I chose a baby blue card base and a piece of off-white paper to go over it.  I punched the edge with my Apron Lace punch by Fiskars, then I put on some of my snowflake ribbon.  

I cut the "BRRR" from the font on Wild Card- it's one of my favorites!  The B is at 2 inches and the R's are at 1.5 inches.  There is a lower case font on that cartridge, but out of context the r's looked kind of like n's, so I decided to go all capitols.  

I stamped the phrase "it's cold out there" and the snowflakes on the right side from my new "Winder Wonderland" stamp set from My Craft Spot in blue ink.  Then I blinged up the snowflakes with some small gems in the middle and the word "BRRR" with some Midnight Blue stickles.  If you look carefully, I was able to capture a little bit of the sparkle from the stickles this time!


This card is being entered in the following challenges:
Bitten by the Bug 2- Fontastic
Simply Create Too- Anything Goes
My Craft Spot- Bling it up    
Die Cuttin Divas- Edge Punch and Ribbon                                                                                                                                                        
Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right!!! Brrrrr, indeed! Even here in the Southeast it is a bit nippy! Lovely card with a PERFECT sentiment! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at BBTB2!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity of your card! So cute and your right.....Brrr, here! It's only a high of -8 today! I need some warm weather about now, it's been super cold for the last 5 days. Have a great day and stay warm!
    Thanks so much for joining us at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really a great card, and so appropriate! Thanks for sharing it at the DCD challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is EXACTLY how I feel right now, lol! Love the clean and simple look it has!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Says it all, doesn't it?.... and saying it is so on a lovely design can't be beat. Thanks for sharing this with us at BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card Becky!! I like the simplicity of it, but it makes such a power statement at the same time. It is simply but elegant, just the perfect card! It also is very fitting with the recent weather, brrrr baby its cold outside for sure!!! Stay warm and thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is very pretty!! Love it!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brrrr is just perfect for all the snow we've had here in the UK recently! I love your card so crisp and clean my favourite type of card! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful CAS card and you´re right! It´s really cold outside and now it´s snowing too.

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at Simply Create Too.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Mian
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cold in my city as well..This card is simply elegant..Thanks for playing along at BBTB2..Krista

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great card! I'm up in Canada and we've had a deep freeze. Your card is perfect for this time of year!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete