Monday, January 7, 2013

First PDE Challenge of 2013!

You may have noticed a change over at Pause, Dream, Enjoy Challenges-for 2013 we're going to be posting our challenges on Monday instead of Friday, and they will run two weeks instead of just one.  Are you ready for the first challenge of the new year?

MAKE A PROJECT USING RIBBON

Ribbon is one of my crafting weaknesses.  I have tons of beautiful ribbon all lined up in rainbow order jars on the wall of my craft room, and yet I never use it.  I pull it out, I hold it up to the paper, and eventually it ends up going back in the jar to wait for another day.  (In case you were wondering, I do the same thing with all of my washi tape, which is also organized beautifully by color).  So my challenge to myself this week was not to use ribbon in some new way, but just to actually use it.  To challenge myself even further, I used a patterned ribbon with a different patterned paper.  Gasp!

Additionally, this year Pause, Dream, Enjoy Challenges and Paper Playtime will be having their challenges on the same days.  If you want, you can combine the themes and enter both challenges with one project!  In case you were wondering, the theme for this week's Paper Playtime challenge is Pets.  As you'll see, my project encompasses both challenges!  

This card is A2 sized.  The patterned paper is from a 6x6 Recollections stack. The ribbon is from an American Crafts set that I got a long time ago.  See that teal paper?  Yeah, that used to be an envelope.  I was tearing my craft room apart looking for some paper that matched the teal in the ribbon, and literally the only paper I could find that matched was an old envelope that I had in my envelope drawer.  

The image and sentiment stamps are from Jaded Blossom's "Puppy Love" set.  I have NEVER bought a stamp set as soon as it was released from any company, except this stamp set.  This is partly because I buy every dog related stamp set I can get my hands on, and partly because I love Jaded Blossom and the way they stamp.  I mean, I use the cheapest black ink pad they had at Hobby Lobby, and these stamps STILL come out looking clear.  Amaze-balls.  I colored the pup in with my Sharpies and it was all ready to go.


So what about you?  Whether ribbon is your go-to embellishment or it makes you cower in fear, I promise there will be great inspiration for you over at Pause, Dream, Enjoy Challenges.  Go check it out, and add your own ribbon-related creations.  

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Awww! What a cute little puppy! I love that sentiment! How cute!

    Stacey
    DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable little doggie!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable doggie!!! Love the bg paper, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete