Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sympathy Card

This is my first attempt at a sympathy card.  I wanted it to be kind of simple, because I didn't think it would be appropriate for it to be flashy.  I made the butterfly from Wall Decor and More and put it over an embossed paper that I had embossed with D'Vine Swirls Cuttlebug folder.  I added some fabric ribbon from American Crafts for a little pop of color.


The inside has the sentiment With Sympathy from Calligraphy Collection.  I spent so much time and paper trying to find a size sentiment that wasn't too huge but also wouldn't rip when I took it off the mat.  It's still a little bigger than I wanted, but that's ok.  I may stick with more stamped sentiments on sympathy cards from here on out.


I'm entering this into the following challenges:
My Craft Spot- Hope is Rising
Krafty Girls- Anything Goes
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. What a Lovely Card!very Sweet!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Love the embossing and ribbon! Thanks so much for playing along at Krafty Girls! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. The butterfly is so pretty and I love the trim. Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky, your card turned out lovely. I really like the butterfly image you chose and the embossing is a great added touch. Thanks for entering your card in the weekly challenge at My Craft Spot. :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete