Thursday, March 13, 2014

Doily card

It is Thursday already?  This week has flown by!  I'm getting prepared to start a new job (I guess I've started, technically, but I don't get paid for the work I'm doing this week) and with all of the trips back and forth to my new office to get everything set up, I'm getting all discombobulated.  I had gotten used to all my time in my craft room.  I'm sure once I get used to living on a schedule again everything will calm down, but until then I'm happy I managed to snag a little while to make this card.

My mom's birthday is coming up so when I saw the challenge at Simon Says Stamp for a card for a special lady, I thought it was a great time to make her birthday card.  I wanted to use some new supplies, so first I pulled out the Maggie Holmes embossing folder and embossed some white cardstock.  I don't think I'll ever get tired of the look of embossed white cardstock.  Next, I put some gold washi tape along the middle of the card.  I used We R Memory Keepers gold, and layered the two slimmer tapes in a row of three.  When I saw that the gold washi tape had arrived at my Local Scrapbook Store, I hustled right over there and bought them all (...and possibly a few sheets of the gold vellum from that collection...and a ton of other stuff too.)

The doily that's on top of the washi tape I cut with my Cameo.  It's a file from Echo Park (Design ID #32385) that I bought from the Silhouette Online Store.  I removed the cuts in the center of the doily so it would have a solid center.  The shadow was cut on white cardstock and then sprayed with Heidi Swapp Gold spray so it shimmers.  Then I stamped the word "Mom" from an AmyR stamp set in gold ink.  I put the whole thing on a piece of kraft paper.

In person, the gold colors match a lot more closely.  I can't figure out why all of my photos made the stamping look so yellow, but I'm going to blame it on the lack of sunshine to photograph by, because that's what we blame everything on around here right now.  ;)


This card is being entered into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- Mother's Day or Special Girl challenge.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! Very elegant!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete