Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mother's and Father's day 2012

One of my favorite things about crafting is surfing the internet and seeing the things that others have created, and being inspired by what they have done.  Seriously, many an evening is spent at my house with my husband renting some action movie and me sitting on the floor with the laptop, browsing google images or pinterest for hours.  Both my mother's day and father's day cards for this year were inspired this way.  (Like their birthdays, my parents and in-laws each got the same cards for their respective holidays.)

For Mother's Day, I was inspired by this card.  I love her idea of using Christmas cartridges for non-Christmas events.  Otherwise, my Winter Frolic cartridge will have to be dusted off every year when I make my Christmas cards and then never used for another whole year. 

For my version, I wanted to focus more on the pink.  I used a pink cardstock as the card and a pink patterned paper from KI Memories Classic stack.  I used my Tonic Studios corner chomper on the patterned paper.  The yellow ribbon is, I think, from American Crafts.  All of my ribbon is pretty much in jars and separated by color, and it isn't on it's spools.  But I know I bought a lot of American Crafts ribbon at some point, so it's a good chance.  The cut, like I said, is from Winter Frolic.  I left off the santa hat that the mom bird is supposed to wear, and I drew their eyes on with a Fiskars gel pen instead of using the cut.

I stamped the inside of the card with stamps from Joy's Life.  The "happy" comes from Joy's Everyday Occasions and the "Mothers" and "Day" are from Joy's Holiday Occasions.  I love these stamps because with just two sets, you have sentiments to cover every major event in life.  I LOVE mix and match stamps!



My Father's Day card was inspired by this one.  I have the Wild Card cartridge, and I should be using it all the time.  But I don't.  So I was searching around for ideas of how to use it practically.  Like the inspiration card, I used the Happy Father's Day sentiment from later in the handbook.  I like the cream background with the various colors of blue.


The sentiment on the inside, "Celebrate," is from Pink by Design's Scripted Year.  Perfect!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment