Friday, June 22, 2012

I can hear the bells

One challenge I've given myself this summer is to not ALWAYS make cutesy cards.  There are still a few that sneak through, because I like them so much, but I want to stretch myself.  Luckily, Fantabulous Cricut had a bells challenge this week, and I only have two cartridges that have bells, and neither one is cutesy!

I decided to go with this bell from Stretch Your Imagination.  It would have been really easy to just use the main cut, but I was thinking about trying new things so I decided to go with the shadow and outline features. I really like how that worked.  I used some old leftover paper from a black and white pack I got years ago to do my wedding scrapbook as well as one of the borders.  Then I added a little blue bling at the top and decided that it was done.  I had originally stamped a tag from the same paper line to put up in that left corner, but it just wasn't working for me.  I realized that I have really no wedding sentiments, so I guess that means I'll have to buy a few more sets of stamps.  Oh, darn.


I'm entering this in
Fantabulous Cricut's Blue Bells challenge
Cardz TV's Anything Goes challenge
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love the paper you used. Thank you for joining us at CardzTV Stamps Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and bell. Thanks for joining the anything goes challenge at CTVS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so so pretty!!! Love the bell and that great bg paper. And isn't it a bummer when you have to buy new stuff?! LOL Thank you so very much for joining our Cardz TV Stamps 'Anything Goes' challenge!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet and simple I love it! Thank you for joining us at FCCB this week!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete