Thursday, June 7, 2012

From Sophie, with love


I'm back already with another challenge card!  A couple of different blogs are hosting Father's Day challenges right now.  I had already made the Father's Day cards for my dad and father-in-law (post coming after Father's Day, naturally) and didn't want to enter that card into any challenges because I pretty much scraplifted it from one I found online.  But, how to enter the challenge, then?  Then I realized that, although my husband will never in a million years admit to being Sophie's adopted dad, I view him that way and I'm sure there are lots of people out there that would like some acknowledgement on Mother's/Father's day for taking care of their animals.  I swear sometimes it's just as hard as having a kid.

That being said, here is Sophie's Father's Day card.  She didn't really help besides being the model for the card and spending a lot of time sniffing the patterned paper stack, but that's ok.  The patterned paper here is from the DCWV Pet Stack- I just got it at a garage sale last week for $3!  The hearts are glittery, although you can't really tell from the picture.  Then I cut the dog from Four Legged Friends.  It's kind of a weird cut- the main layer is supposed to show two feet, the scarf, the nose and the eye.  But I wanted the feet tan and the nose black, so I cut the whole thing out in tan, and just used a Sharpie to color in the nose area.  I also used a red Sharpie for the smile.  Then I cut the body layer in gray and the head layer in the same tan.  The scarf is a patterned paper scrap- it's not it's own cut, so I traced it by hand and just cut it with scissors.  No use wasting that much paper to cut the entire dog again on the Cricut.  Then I added the googly eye and she was done!

For a final touch, I added the brown rick-rack (is that how it's spelled?) and the button from my stash.




I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

Exploring Cricut- Father's Day
Scrappy Moms Stamps- Father's Day
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. This is so adorable what a cute pup

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and I am so sure Sophie's dad will love it. Thanks for entering it at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so so cute!!!! Love that darling Yorkie!! Fantastic card! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww this so cute! He will love it. Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute puppy! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete