Friday, June 8, 2012

In my garden

I was originally planning to use my birthday invitation post (with the grasshopper) for the Bitten by the Bug 2 garden challenge.  When I was little, I used to love to catch grasshoppers around our garden, so I thought it was fitting.  But when I really went to do it, I decided it wasn't "gardeny" enough for me.  Plus, I had a lot of free time today- bonus!- and had been wanting to do some creating anyway.  So I sat down to create a new card.  I decided to go with this card because the reality of my life now is that the only constant in my backyard seems to be squirrels.  In fact, there's about an 87% chance that as you read this, Sophie is barking her high-pitched bark and scratching the bejeebers out of my windowpanes in a futile attempt to get outside and chase one of the squirrels that like to frolic around out there.

When I think of "cricut" and "squirrel," my mind automatically jumps to everyone's favorite cuties- Create a Critter.  I cut this little guy out at 3 1/2 inches.  I used some patterned paper from my stash and a slice of orange cardstock.  The stamp says "Enjoy today" and is from the Stampendous "Everything Happy" set.  I originally had some textured cardstock there, but it made the ink run a little so I switched to smooth.  I used Cinnamon Stickles on his tail to bling him up a little.

So, this card can be used as a nice little greeting card, but I will know that the stamp really means that the squirrels in my yard should enjoy it while they can, because any minute I could be letting Sophie out and she'll be chasing them up a tree.



I'm entering this card in the following challenge:

Bitten by the Bug 2- Garden Challenge
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Cute card! I love watching the squirrels playing around in the gardens. Love the background paper you chose and your squirrel is just too cute. Thanks for joining the garden challenge at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute,Love the splash of colour too.Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little cutie on the card.....thanks for joining us on our BBTB2 challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh those sweet pesky squirrels, it made such a cute card, thanks for joining us at BBTB2 Challenge, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Your post made me giggle. Goliath doesn't allow those squirrels to relax either. LOL Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little card. Nothing my dog loves more than a good squirrel chase. Thanks for sharing your card with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute little squirrel card, Yep dogs are not a squirrels best friend...
    and if the truth be told I get pretty irritated with them too, they are always getting into something thats not meant for them, (bird feeder)GRRRR, I know they have to eat too but cant they find a squirrel restraunt or something...LOL, anyway , thanks for sharing..

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. My dog used to love chasing squirrels too. Thanks for joining us at BBTb2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. too cute! Love your story about the squirrels in yourgarden.Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how adorable is he? There are a ton of squirrels in my garden. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute little cuddly squirrel. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 for the garden challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, your Sophie has a sole-mate in my Duncan. He too goes crazy to get out and chase the squirrels AND he too has the high pitch bark! Your squirrel card is adorable and I am so happy that you joined us in the weekly BBTB2 challenge.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete