Saturday, March 31, 2012

A little something to hold you over

Because I have to wait for birthdays to be finished before I can post the cards, there can sometimes be a gap in between posts.  This morning, I put together a quick card for my husband's grandmother's birthday, and since I know that she doesn't have a computer, I don't have to worry that she's going to see her card before her birthday party tomorrow, so I can go ahead and post it.  :)



I cut it at my normal A2 dimensions.  This zebra is from Create a Critter.  I like the flower in her hair, so I went with that as my theme.  I cut the yellow cardstock slightly shorter than the card and about an inch and a half less long.  Then I ran it through my Cuttlebug with the ProvoCraft "Happy Birthday" embossing folder.  It came out so nice!  I cut the flowered paper from my KI Memories Classics stack, to just fit where the yellow paper wouldn't.  Then I covered up the seam with some American Crafts (I think!) ribbon.

I was a little afraid that it came out too little-girly with all of the pink and flowers, but the great thing about grandmas is that they love whatever you make them, so I'm sure it will be fine. I really like having the two different background papers and the offset main image.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment