Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Monkey card


As soon as I saw that that the Cricut Lite cartridges "B is for Boy" and "Sugar and Spice" had matching little sock monkeys, I knew that I must have them, and I must make another card for my sister, because she made herself a real sock monkey (she's the sewer in the family.  I think she even has a sewing machine.)  Of course, when I bought them, these monkeys were the first cuts that I made from each cartridge.  The boy monkey with the red hat is from "B is for Boy" and the girl with the pink hat is from "Sugar and Spice."

I pulled a few scraps of orange striped paper (from the Paper Studio pack Back to the Basics) to accent the purple cardstock.  I had this orange bow from an old card making pack that I got from the Target dollar bin, which covered up the seam between the two pieces of paper.  The bow is flatter in person...this picture doesn't really do it justice.

I'm so happy with this card, and I'm excited to see what other creations I can come up with from this cartridge.  My husband teased me that these were "baby" cartridges, and since there are no babies up in here I have to prove to him that I can use them for real projects beyond just using the sock monkeys once.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment