Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Quick and simple happy birthday card

Since I somehow managed to have my computer die, load all of my crafting stuff onto a new computer, and then have that computer die the next day, the prospect of crafting and/or posting anything new this week is looking bleak. So today, from my phone, I bring you this post from my emergency saved drafts. :/

I just wanted to share an idea with you for when you need a quick and simple (and possibly masculine) card, like say when your husband tells you "we need to send a birthday card today for my grandpa's birthday Wednesday."  Hypothetically.

This is an image from the Silhouette store that I believe was one of the free files that comes with your machine.  It's shaped as a tag, so I released the compound path and deleted the outside edge.  That left it as just the circle and words.  Then I drew myself a rectangle in the size that I would make a mat for an A2 card and put it around the image.  That way, it all cut into one piece!  I used some patterned paper from Recollections and just adhered it straight to the card base and voila!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment