Sunday, July 29, 2012

Yet another Christmas idea

I'm still in the process of testing out some various ideas for my Christmas cards this year.  I kind of want something simple, because we will *hopefully* have moved by Christmas and our cards may double as "we've moved" announcements, which would mean I'll have to make a whole ton of them.

This card was made with only scraps and supplies that I already have.  I cut the word "Joy" from Create a Critter at 2 1/2 inches (cut to length of 5 inches).  I used white cardstock as the background, and stamped it with a little snowflake rubber stamp.  I don't know who makes it; it was given to me in a whole lot of craft supplies that someone I know didn't want anymore.  The ribbon is from that same "haul."  I used Doodlebug red ink.  I'm a novice at pigment ink, so please forgive the few smudges that may be visible in the picture.  I tried to cover them with the ribbon.

Although I am still in love with my snowman couple, I think that this card may be closer to what I may make,  for Christmas, although not exactly what I will probably end up with.  The price would certainly be right- I'd only have to go get a couple of pieces of cardstock and maybe a red dye ink pad.  ;)



I'm entering this in the following challenge:
Cooking with Cricut- Christmas in July using scraps
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I like the "JOY" cut. I used the snowflake that is cut out of the "O" on my card as well. Thanks for joining us at Cooking with Cricut!

    craftygator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of your scraps, Becky! Cute card! Thanks so much for joining us for "Christmas in July" at Cooking With Cricut.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simplicity of this card - it's perfect.
    Thanks for sharing at Cooking with Cricut.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete