Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A little sunshine

It's been hot lately, hasn't it?  It makes me want to relax on the beach, in a nice cool breeze- the inspiration for this card.

It's just a regular A2 card.  The cloud was cut from Create a Critter and I stamped it with a sentiment from AmyR stamps.  I think it was from the All Women set.  I just got these on Friday, and and having a great time getting used to stamping with cling rubber stamps.  The setting sun is from Doodlecharms, and has a little Diamond Stickles to give it some sparkle.  The waves were hand cut so that they would be kind of asymmetrical, and the sand was ripped.

The woman on the lounge chair was cut from Pack Your Bags.  She's relaxing on the beach with her lemonade.  ;)  I used some polkadot paper for her bathing suit (but here's a secret- I added the orange dot on her shoulder and enhanced the pink one on her side with marker.)

See the seashells?  They add a bit of dimension because they're puffy stickers from, of all places, the Dollar Tree.


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Simply Create Too- Summer Vacation
Pile it On- It's a Shore Thing
Tuesday Alchemy- No work, just play


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I am ready for another day at the beach. Love the sound of the waves crashing...that is very relaxing.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous I wish it was warm here in England instead of cold and wet! Those shell stickers are great.

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday alchemy

    Shell x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Becky! You make me want that cart! Thanks for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, and I agree with Janis. I've been eyeing this cart a lot lately. Thanks for playing along with us at PDE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER cute creation, Becky! I love it - The art of it is just fantastic :)

    I'm thrilled that you shared this with us at Tuesday Alchemy!

    Happiness,
    Corrinne

    PS - It's TIME for a giveaway: http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/07/time-for-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card Becky! Thanks for sharing with us @ Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
    Blessings,
    Belinda
    http://theembellishedcard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! It cheers me up! :)

    Thanks for sharing it with us at Tuesday Alchemy!

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete