Monday, February 20, 2012

January and February Birthdays

I've decided to group birthdays by every couple of months, so there aren't just post after post of birthday cards. So here are January and February 2012.


 I made two of these cupcake cards for two different sister-in-laws that have January birthdays. You can see that I put a cupcake on the outside and also cut the words for the inside of the cards.  My cardstock here was Paper Studio.  The cupcakes paper that I put on the front was from The Paper Studio.  It was a 6x12 paper pad, but I can't remember the name.  Something about celebrating, I think.  I used my new Cuttlebug with the D'Vine Swirls envelope on the green cardstock.  The cupcake was cut from Simply Charmed and I used Icicle Stickles to decorate the frosting.  The "Happy Birthday" sentiment was cut from Calligraphy Collection.



Obviously, we also had a very special birthday this year- my youngest SIL turned 16!  I cut this card mostly using Cricut Craft Room.  The cardstock and patterned paper are both from Paper Studio.  For the car, I used Craft Room to hide the frowny face that appears on the Smiley Cards car. I also used the Craft Room to weld together the words "Sweet Sixteen."  I used the Doodletype cartridge for "Sweet" and Jasmine for "Sixteen."  I was really pleased with the colors on this and the way that it came out.  This may be one of my favorites so far.



Last, but not least, is a card made for my brother-in-law.  I don't really make cards for males very often, so this one was kind of a challenge. I mean, an adult male doesn't really want something cutesy.  I can use Simply Charmed or Create a Critter for my husband, because he loves me so he doesn't mind.  In the end, I went online for inspiration.  I finally found a card here: Happy Place for Jen and made a few tweaks based on what I owned.  I didn't use the cricut for this one, just plain old cardstock, paper that I got in my Provocraft 6x12 Celebrations pack, and an EK Success medium corner rounder.  The stamp is from Paper Studio, called Everyday Expressions.  It has many different words that can be put together to form the sentiment that you want.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment