Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Graduation cap card

Hi!  Before I start describing today's card, I want to give the disclaimer that I totally got this idea from a similar project I saw at Lettering Delights.  I thought it was cool, but knew I could make something similar myself and wanted to give it a try for a card for my youngest sister-in-law, who graduated from high school this year!

First, I designed the card in my Silhouette Studio software.  I made a rectangle that would be a square when folded in half and then used a font to write "Congratulations" down the bottom of the card.  After I cut it, I lined the inside of the card with white cardstock on each side.  Then I adhered in the insides of the letters.  Next, I made the tassel using a cut from a purse cut file from SVG Cuts.  It worked great!  I adhered it onto the card, and then put a black brad (with the prongs cut off, naturally) and it was done!



Pin It

1 comment: