Monday, August 19, 2013

MP3 Monkey

Hi friends!  Today is a very special day- it's my birthday!  I'm going to spend today doing all sorts of things I love- eating my favorite foods, watching a movie while snuggling with Sophie, maybe even some scrappy shopping.  I recently bought myself my very first iPod (up until now I'd been getting by with off-brand mp3 players) and when I saw this file from SVG Cutting Files, it was too cute to pass up.  I thought what better project to post on my birthday than a birthday bag?

I used the MP3 Monkey cutting file, cut at roughly 4 inches.  I drew on his mouth with a gel pen, and used some ink to give him a little pink on his cheeks.  I also found a couple of pieces of scrap paper in my scraps file that I thought matched the bag well, and then I found this chipboard frame and thought it complemented the colors nicely.  It's amazing how something that comes together relatively quickly (the longest part was picking out the colors to put onto the cameo mat!) can make a plain, old gift bag look so much better.


This bag is being entered into the following challenges:
SVG Cutting Files- Anything but a Card
Little Scrap Pieces- Anything Goes
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Becky. Hope you have a WONDERFUL day. Love this bag it is just too cute.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! That monkey is so cute and the pattern papers are wonderful! Thanks for playing along in the SVG Cutting Files challenge!
    PS- Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Becky. This is an adorable bag I just wished it contained a lovely gift for you. Super cute little monkey.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is too adorable ! what a great way to dress up a birthday bag !! thanks so much for joining us over at SVG Cutting Files for the challenge this month !!!

    michelle ~ DT
    www.scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable gift bag for a happy birthday! Thanks for playing along at SVG Cutting Files' challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute gift bag! Thanks for joining the SVG Cutting File Challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Cute Treat Bag. Thanks for joining our Challenge this month over at SVG Cutting Files.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! Thanks for playing along with us in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete