Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Lightening Bugs

Good Wednesday morning, friends!  Today I've got a summery card to share.  When I was little, I always loved to catch fireflies with our little butterfly nets, so when I saw the Bug Catcher file at Miss Kate's Cuttables, I knew I had to get it.  I put the file on my Cameo mat and decided that I wanted the jar to be a bit wider, so I just resized it to where I wanted it.  That's one of the things I love about the Cameo!  I put a line of silver Stickles on the lid of the jar and I put diamond Stickles on all of the fireflies' rumps to make them sparkle.  Two of the fireflies are on foam dots, and the rest are adhered down flat.

The background paper is from a MME 6x6 pad (of course, because I have a jillion of them!) I cut the yellow circle out of  a piece of Recollections patterned paper and then stamped the sentiment from Jaded Blossom's Simple Sayings.  I kind of thought it looked like a full moon, plus it brings in the yellow from the fireflies.

The washi tape along the botton is from Target.  Sometimes I don't like washi tape that is clear, so I put it on plain old computer paper and then cut it out and adhere the whole thing down.



This card is being entered into the following challenges:
Cut it Up Challenges- What’s Bugging You?
 All That Stickles- Anything Goes
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I have many fond memories of catching lightning bugs and keeping them in a jar for a "nightlight." My mom always set them free when I fell asleep!
    Great tip about the washi tape.

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenge for our buggy challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love your fireflies! Thanks for linking up at the All That Stickles Anything Goes Challenge! Karen, ATS-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cute & Fun!! AWESOME card!
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete