Thursday, May 2, 2013

I'm Back!

I'm settled into my new {temporary} craft room while we stay at our "summer home" (aka the apartment we rented while we look for a house in our new city).  I share my craft space with the office furniture, and yesterday my husband needed something out of the closet and told me "I think we need to get you a bigger craft space in the new house.  It's crowded in here!"  I didn't object to that.  :)

Anyway, things are back to the new normal for now.  Please excuse my pictures while we're here, there is not one drop of natural daylight even on the nicest days, so I have to try to use a combination of the kitchen and dining room lights on the kitchen counter in order to get a semi-good picture.

For my first challenge after my little break, I made this cute thank you card.  I started with a black card base, and then cut strips of bright colors and glued them on to the base.  I printed a freebie from The Alley Way Stamps and colored the fish colors that matched my strips of paper, then cut them out.  I stamped my "punny" sentiment with white ink using The Alley Way Stamps "Alphabet Soup."


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
The Alley Way Stamps- Be Inspired #27



Pin It

8 comments:

  1. This is soooo cute...gotta remember this one!
    Thanks for linking up!
    Creative Wishes
    Claire S
    GD Craftin Desert Diva's "Pun" Linky Party
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable!!! Thank you for linking up with us for Tara's "Pun" linky party at Craftin Desert Diva's

    Robin
    Cut One Designs by Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Love how you used lots of fun color! And I hope you get that special crafting space in your new house!! Thanks for joining the TAWS BE Inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable thanks for joining us at Red Carpet Studio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! Love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Red Carpet Studio.

    Tonya
    RCS CDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an adorable card! Great take on the photo inspiration!
    Thanks for sharing and linking this up over at TAWS for our Be Inspired Challenge!!
    Jessica
    TAWS~DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fun! I really like the colors you took from the challenge :) Thanks so much for joining us at the Alley Way Stamps challenge
    Hugs
    -Ali

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love those little fishes! Great interpretation of the inspiration photo - Thanks for joining us at the BE Inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete