Monday, March 4, 2013

I have a new Blinkie!

When I first made my blog, Picnik was still open for photo editing and I loved a cute little doggy picture that they had- you know how I love dogs!- and put it into my header and button because it was free and I assumed that meant it was public domain.  It was pointed out to me today that the dog was close in appearance to a licensed character and after some thought I decided that even though it was probably different enough to not infringe on any copyrights, I didn't feel like it was fair for me to ask people to not copy my work without permission when I had something that appeared to be copying someone else's work right on my header and button.

I changed my header to not have any character in it, and my button to just include a pawprint that I got from a royalty free website.  They may go through more revisions because I don't love them like I did before and will probably keep looking for something cuter, but for now at least I can be at peace.  I'm really grateful that I found out, so I could make it right.  :)

All that is to say...if you have my old button on your website, it'd be great if you could just grab the new html and switch it out.  I also figured out how to get rid of those two weird characters that used to be underneath the button, so that was a bonus. 
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Cute blinkine. I would love to do a button swap with you. Let me know if you are interest.

    Have a great day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete