Friday, February 8, 2013

Once Upon a Time

You know how you have an idea in your head, and then you make something, and it looks bad, and you fix it and try something else, and it looks bad too, etc etc?  This was one of those projects.  It started out pretty simply: there were two challenge blogs this week that both had fairy tale themed challenges.  As soon as I heard "fairy tale" I thought of this cut from Storybook.  I decided to make it a monochromatic card, so I got out my light purple card base and cut the sentiment on two other colors of purple....and got stumped.

First, I tried to stamp a background behind the sentiment.  It looked horrible, so I covered it with some paper in the same color as the sentiment.  Then I tried to stamp a border along the bottom.  It looked horrible too, so I covered it as well. I was finally able to stamp a good border along the bottom strip using VersaMark ink and a strip of dots, and then I added the little purple flower in the corner just for a little bit of interest.  Whew!  I'm ready to stick a fork in this one and call it done.  ;)


This card is being entered into the following challenges:
Casology- Fairy Tale
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful just the way it is - that was the card speaking (mine do it all the time!) Your simple treatment of this fancy cut is just perfect for the cue card this week - well done! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - like you, I hate it when things don't go right first time, but you stuck to it and got there in the end! :) Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, I have been there (haven't we all?!) but I must admit I really like the way it turned out! The fancy curls on the sentiment make it classic fairytale material! And doesn't every great fairy take start out with "Once upon a time?" Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a good job, especially if I read what it took you to come to this. This card is very powerfull!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the purple colours you used for this card. It is a perfect take on the cue card as well! I never would have thought to use that phrase as a focal point! Thanks for joining in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was well said and funny, Becky! We've all been there and it's good that you kept your sense of humor and ended up making a perfectly adorable card! (You might want to take the fork out of it now!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is the sign of a good crafter who can think of Plan B after all no one knows there was a Plan A Becky!.......well unless you are too honest of course ;-) Lovely Card and great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous die cut! So perfect for the challenge. :) Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely card... the die cut is wonderful!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete