Monday, December 24, 2012

Pet Sympathy card

I made it into my craft room today, but definitely not for the reason I wanted to.  We got a call last night that my in-laws are going to have to put their family dog, Chloe, to sleep today.  If you've followed this blog for awhile, you probably can guess that I love my own dog Sophie like a child.  It breaks my heart to think of anyone having to face this decision, let alone people that I love.

I used a black card base with white cardstock.  I embossed the white cardstock with the clouds embossing folder by Darice.  Since the folder is vertical and I wanted the card to be horizontal, I had to emboss it twice- the die cuts are covering the areas where you can tell I did that.  For the die cuts I used Paper Pups, with the shadow feature and the main image both cut at 2 inches.  Chloe is a chocolate lab, so I cut the dog in chocolate brown.  I colored in the halo with a Sharpie and then put Stickles over it.


Inside the card, I stamped a sentiment from Scrappy Moms Stamps "Raining Cats and Dogs" set.  


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment