Friday, October 19, 2012

Spoooky

Time for another Friday challenge at Pause, Dream, Enjoy!  This week's challenge is:

Question: Do you love a good Ghost Story or Campfire Scary Story?

Theme: MAKE A PROJECT "NIGHT" PROJECT (Owl in tree; ghost in mansion)


I don't like ghost stories! I don't like being scared at all.  Maybe that's why my Halloween projects are usually some sort of cutesy thing.  

This challenge was a real, well, challenge for me.  I wanted to get away from my cute Halloween images.  I don't have any of the Halloween specific cartridges, so I went to Celebrate with Flourish.  This is about as spooky as I get.  I cut the image at 4 inches and included the shadow feature.  I love that this cartridge has shadows.  None of my other Lite cartridges do.  Here's a tip: if you're overdue for a new blade in your Cricut but putting off changing it because you're cheap, don't try to cut anything from Celebrate with Flourish at a small size.  It didn't cut too smoothly.  I realize it's my own fault, but thought I would pass along my little tidbit of wisdom so you all can save yourself the headache.  :)

I embossed the actual card front with my Spots and Dots Cuttlebug folder.  I added some bats paper from All Seasons 2 (by Paper Studio) as an accent.   

Come play along with us at Pause, Dream, Enjoy!  Head over and see what the rest of the Design Team has for you and then add your own creation!



I'm also entering this into the My Crafting Channel- The gh'oul times challenge.

Pin It

2 comments: