Saturday, October 6, 2012

Card Making Day continues!

I'm continuing my weekend of new techniques with digi stamps to celebrate World Card Making Day.  This time, I tried my hand at paper piecing.  It was fun, but I think I need some practice with my scissors skills...or else maybe I need a better pair of scissors.  :)

I used a sketch provided by Paper Smooches for this card.  Both of the pieces of patterned paper are from the All Seasons 2 stack by Paper Studio.  Then I used a Paper Studio embossing folder with holly on it for the next layer.  I rounded the corners and inked around the edges in green ink.  

See the heart made of candy canes?  That was my paper piecing project!  I printed the picture on white and red paper.  I cut out the heart on the white paper, then cut out every other piece of the red one and adhered it to the white.  It came out pretty good, I think.

This is going to be it for me today, because I have real-life plans that are going to last the afternoon.  Come back tomorrow to see my third foray into the world of digi stamps!


Pin It

2 comments: