Wednesday, January 15, 2014

VooDoo You Love?

Good afternoon!  I have a really fun card to share today that's been brewing in my head for awhile.  I used the "VooDoo You Love" files from SVG Cutting files to cut this voodoo doll in bright colors.  The file cut stitching marks on her face and body, but I accented them by tracing them with a black gel pen.  I also added some glitter glue (dollar store brand!) to her hair bow.

For the background, I used the Hugs and Kisses cuttlebug folder.  I was afraid that you wouldn't be able to see the texture on black cardstock, but it showed up really crisply.  I love the way it looks!  I also used a border strip embossing folder (Cuttlebug's Just my Type folder set) to mimic the stitching.


Inside, I used the title cut from the same SVG Cutting Files set.  It cut so beautifully!


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
SVG Cutting Files- Just a Card
Simon Says Stamp Challenges- Wednesday Challenge, Emboss It


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. This is so fun! LOVE the bright colors on the embossed black background! Thanks for playing along in the challenge at SVG Cutting Files!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, fun card !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a unique card! Thanks for sharing at SVG Cutting Files.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is sooo stinkin cute ! love all the colors you chose in this too !!! thanks so much for participating in the challenge this month at SVG Cutting Files !!!

    Michelle ~ DT
    www.scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete