Friday, August 17, 2012

Christmas in August

I was very excited recently to find an affordable Jolly Holidays cartridge.  I'd been looking for it for ages, and am so happy to add it to my collection!  I decided to make a card with one of the cute elves that are found on this card.

I used a red A2 card, with patterned paper from All Seasons 2 from Paper Studio.  The green cardstock was embossed with ProvoCraft's Snowflake embossing folder.  I cut the elf at 3.5 inches.  He was pretty simple to put together, but as with all of the Lite cartridges I was glad that I sat and really looked at what layers were what, because I'm used to cutting the base layer in black on cartridges like Create a Critter but his base layer is actually the white.

I colored his Christmas lights with green and blue Sharpies, because I wanted them to be multicolored.  Then I went over them with Christmas Red and Firefly stickles.




I'm entering this card in the following challenge:
Celebrate the Occasion- Christmas in August

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. What a cute elf! I love the stickles. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Celebrate The Occasion!

    Tonya
    CTO DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 cute, thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, he's really funny, great card! I like the embossing at the background. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again. Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL....SO Cute...Super Duper Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card i just love it. Glad you found that cart I do not have it . It is hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this cheeky chappie Becky! Fab card!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO, Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little elf is darling!
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love that little elf and the texture behind is wonderful, such a cute card! Thank you for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Christmas in August" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete