Monday, May 14, 2012

A birthday and a thank you

We just found out that a friend of ours is hosting a surprise party for his wife.  (The party was a few days before this posts, so no worries about ruining the surprise!)  I wanted to make her a card for her party.  I cut the cute monkey from Create a Critter, along with his branch.  I used some scraps of orange paper as a background. The flowery paper right behind the monkey is actually a scrap that I cut off of an old birthday card that someone gave me.  Have to be resourceful!  I stamped using Joy's Life stamps on the outside and wrote "GO WILD" on the inside with a gel pen.  I like the citrusy color scheme on this one.



Recently, my husband and I had to go out of town overnight so we had to leave Sophie with my sister in law.  We wanted to give her a thank you card for taking time out of her weekend to take care of Sophie.  I used a notecard that I already had for the card and all scraps for the paper.  I originally tried to cut the dog at 4.5 inches, but it was HUGE!  I cut it at 2.5 and it fit perfectly.  I cut the black and tan layers from the main image, and the green from the "solid" feature.  Then I layered the black on top of the green, and popped the brown into the correct spots.  I used my cuttlebug with the polka dot border from the "just my type" pack.  They got a little smushed when I put on my adhesive.  Oops.


Inside of the card, I stamped the dog tracks from the Pink by Design "Furry Friends" stamp set.  The sentiment is a wooden stamp that I was gifted by a friend.  I cut off the rest of the card because I already wrote in it.

Thanks again!

Pin It

1 comment: